It takes a lot of workers to make the library function, and they all do many different things. We have people who get the labels on the books, people who get the books on the shelves, people who make sure your library card is up-to-date, people who make sure the computers are working, people who take care of the building, and people who keep all these people running smoothly.
But what exactly do the LIBRARIANS do all day?
Librarians make sure our collections have great stuff for the community, we plan interesting programs for the patrons, we think of new ways to be a community resource. But most important, Librarians are here for you.
- Do you need a book for an assignment? We are here to help.
- Is there an item on the shelf you can't find? We are here to help.
- Do you need to know how to use our databases and eResources? We are here to help.
- Want to register for a program? We are here to help.
- Can't figure out how to navigate our website? We are here to help.
- Do you need a book we don't have? We are here to help.
- Are you looking for tips and tricks to make your library experience easier? We are here to help.
Librarians are here to help you find answers your questions - hard ones, easy ones, silly ones, serious ones. Many times we don't know the answer ourselves and will walk you through how to get there.
How do you make contact with a LIBRARIAN?
- You can call us during library hours at 734-397-0999.
- You can submit a comment at the Contact Us page (in the upper left corner of the website).
- You can request materials recommendations via our May We Suggest services on the Books & More page.
- You can walk up to one of our Reference Desks, say hello, and ask your question!